It is a feeling of invincibility, strength and a zone you can do anything. It was last seen on display signing up for a 31 mile race the morning of and knowing I'm coming out fine. It is just like being in "the zone," but as an endurance sport participant that zone wasn't like basketball where I can't miss a shot, it was like I can do anything with this trained weapon I'm walking in.
I took a week off after my last race, did very little the next week, and I am just now ramping up again. Probably, to the average racer, very normal recovery time. But, for me the time off was rotting my brain, thinking I am becoming less than I am. I am the same person I was just two weeks ago, performing beautifully, but my swagger is gone. I have no physical pain. It is a complete mental feeling I am trying to describe with failing words. The only way I can put it is, it is like being half way through the movie Rocky, the first one.
The good news is, I just pasted this part, that feeling, and the next scene takes place in a cold meat locker.
No comments:
Post a Comment