Wednesday, April 22, 2009

0 to 1600 m

I ran 1 mile in... drum roll... 5:11:46!

I was on a 1/4 mile track and tried to gauge my splits. My laps were something like: 1:13, 2:33, 3:48, 5:11:46. It was painful to be going as fast as it felt I could while not picking up speed. There was a little bit of wind out and the air was really dry. After the run, as I was sucking in a lot of air, my throat felt like I had swallowed sawdust. It would be fun to train like crazy for speed and hit the track again.

Congratulations to Darren for his 5:15 guess. Your prize is in the mail. I better not find that on eBay anytime soon.

WARNING!!! In an attempt to be fast, I tried to look fast. I am wearing running shorts in the photos below. Shield your eyes.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

good job pfunk. super fast!

Darren said...

Well done!! I think that was around my best time ever "back in the day" which was many days ago. Can I throw a little, "Nya, nya, nya." to everyone else?

Blessings,

Darren